20 May 2014

Edtech Principles


I've got a friend at school that is trying to choose his first Master's degree and has narrowed it down to  education technology, school leadership, and math.  

After seeking my input, I told him I felt a lot of value in my edtech degree from Mizzou not in how to USE technology, but in how to APPLY technology. The tools change, but the principles should not. Trying to find different ways to express that I came up with the snippet above.

I find that the PEDAGOGY is hardest to communicate in tech PD sessions because people are often only listening for the how-to, not the why. It's not sexy, and won't always impress your audience with flash, but setting the instructional foundation for the technology in our classrooms in most important for learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!